Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2 WEEKS TILL TAIWAN

Ni hao
Hey so I have two weeks left. Super excited now. Have you gotten a letter from my mission president or anything? Because a lot of the other moms have written and said they have. So ya just wondering.
Don't worry about me missing the MTC, as great at this place is. That wasn't meant to be sarcastic. I feel like a lot of missionaries like being here less and less as time goes on, but I think it really has grown on me with each week, which is kind of backwards. So it might actually be slightly sad to leave, except not really because I will go to Taiwan. But just in case, I took an empty box of grape nuts from the cafeteria and made it into a scripture case for my Moermenjing, so I will always have a little bit of the MTC with me.
One elder in my district got unexpected early travel plans and left yesterday (going to Leeds England, speaking chinese), so his companion, Elder Griffith, is now with Elder Reynolds and me. So the tripanionship has been fun so far, a nice change of pace.
I got to sing in church with a few other elders, I like singing in Chinese a lot more than English, just more interesting. We sang "Lord I would Follow Thee." It has been fun to slowly convert more of the things I do and say into another language. I can't wait to be forced to go completely without English.

Everything else is going fine. I think one of the greatest blessings of being a missionary (at least, so far) is just how much time I get every day to study the scriptures and words of the prophets. Even though we have hours every day set aside for this purpose, I still feel like I never have enough time to read everything I would like to. It is so great to really learn and connect different ideas and feel strengthened by the scriptures. They really do bring a power into my life.

Next week I should be able to write home about travel plans, assuming everythng goes according to schedule. Until then, I really intend to push myself harder than I have been. I really want to hit the ground running when I get there.
Thanks for everything you do, I really appreciate all the support everyone has given me. Oh and sorry, I promise I will pick a scripture for my plaque sometime. Still trying to narrow it down.

 Okay that is all I can think of, I love you all and am really glad to hear from you so often! Thanks for everything.
Elder Braithwaite

No comments:

Post a Comment