Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Final Week in the MTC

Ni Hao

This week has been good. Our travel plans came -- it is pretty crazy to think I am actually going to leave, that a week from now I'll be on the opposite side of the planet. The plan is to leave Salt Lake at 11:30 next Tuesday, have a five hour layover at LAX, then a 14-15 hour flight that gets us to Taipei about 29 hours later, by Taiwan's time. If I get to call in an airport, it will probably be from Salt Lake between 8:30 and 10, or in LA between 2-6 (mountain time). So I guess maybe be available at those time, I don't know, they don't really tell us anything.
Super excited. It is going to be great to actually be doing what I am supposed to be doing, instead of sitting in classrooms and stuff.
I don't have too much to say. Thanks for the ukulele, if I can fit it in my suitcase I really will try to learn it over the next two years. It really probably would be a good street contacting tool. Right now I still don't really know how to play, but I'm working on it. Also, I would love it if you sent me crochet stuff, as long as you also provided instructions, because I don't know how. You're right, that would probably be a good conversation starter on the plane.
Thanks for everything. Still learning a lot. I'm not going to quit this last week, I feel like there is still a lot of improving I can do while at the MTC. I have loved my time here, you can learn so much if you are just willing to try. Attitude is everything in this place, or anywhere I guess.
Love you all! Next time I write I should have more to say.

Elder Braithwaite


Elders Braithwaite and Reynolds



No comments:

Post a Comment