Sunday, November 20, 2011


Hello,
So glad to hear from you, sounds like life is normal and good there. Drew's road trip sounds awesome, I would love to do that someday. I'll be honest, I totally forgot it was almost Thanksgiving, there is really no sign of it here. Some places that want to look American have Christmas decorations, but for the most part I have heard that Christmas won't be very big either. Anyway, everyday I am so grateful to be here on a mission. Still loving it. So everyday is like Thanksgiving, right?
About the Christmas stuff, really don't feel like you have to send much. I actually already spent money on a cd player so that is taken care of. I got my clippers to work again so no problems there. And there are some new rules with music, or at least rules my trainer definitely didn't know, so apparently Enya is not okay. Sorry, I hope you didn't buy any yet. However, hymns are okay,  but I already have a lot of mo tab so maybe you could send some southern baptist choir type music, as long as they are hymns and are about Jesus I'm pretty sure it is okay. Something with soul. Just to switch it up. Also maybe some classical guitar or violin or something. That is all I can think of. I will pick a missionary scripture soon. Not right now though. I will, I promise. Oh, also about Valeria and Megan, they can probably drop stuff off at the office, but I am pretty sure that visiting me is not allowed.
This week was really cool, the weather keeps getting colder and the rain is very heavy at times and pretty consistent. I still feel like Taiwan is beautiful though, even when it is all gray and rainy. I have been totally soaked most of the time. The cheap rain gear I bought has been wrecked and made useless. I don't mind being so wet all the time, the only problem is that it drives people off the streets and makes it so much harder to find new investigators. However, we did really well this week and we were able to see miracles as we worked hard, found a lot of really great people to teach. I feel like I am getting better and better at pretty much every phase of the work, slowly and mostly because I mess something up and thus learn why/how to do it the right way. It is humbling but I'm learning a lot. It is really still just fun for me to talk to people, especially because I am starting to understand what they say, a least more that I used to. Best of all, we might be having a baptism this week. An investigator whose only problem has been that he still smoked. But at the beginning of this transfer we sat down with him and just outlined the plan to overcome addictive substances from Preach My Gospel, nothing special on our part. However, he just decided right there and committed to quit, and he has. From that day on he hasn't smoked, he is super repentant and really relies on the Savior. It has been amazing to me to see his faith, so assuming everything goes to plan and there are no problems this week, he should get baptized. Really cool.
Got to eat at a lot of cool restaurants this week. There is a lady in the ward who loves to feed us. A couple of nice Japanese restaurants, a Thai place, plus homemade Taiwanese stuff, all of it so delicious. They have you boil these super thin pieces of steak in this broth stuff real quick and then dip it in raw egg and eat it. I feel like it would be worth it to come on a mission here just because of all the food members have given me. I really do feel like this is the best mission there is. Really I think just being on a mission is the best.
I love you all, I hope everything keeps going well at home. Keep me updated. Thanks for all the prayers and support.
Love Elder Braithwaite

No comments:

Post a Comment