Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hello

Good to hear from everyone, sounds like it is all going really well. I
guess no news is good news right?

I actually don't feel like I have a whole lot to say this week. This
transfer is a short one because of the new mission president, who
comes in a week. So this is the last week meaning I have the
possibility of moving again, but hopefully not because that would be
lame because I am loving this area, I feel comfortable and we have a
whole bunch of great investigators right now. I would love to get to
stick around here for a while and see some of these people through the
whole process.

This week we had typhoons, kind of. I guess it technically missed the
island by a little so the wind didn't come, but most of the week there
was ridiculously hard rain. A lot of the island had flooding I hear,
but Taipei was fine, minor stuff I think. I haven't ever seen rain so
hard before. But that just makes missionary work more fun because then
every little bit of success you see automatically becomes a complete
miracle because it happened in spite of the weather. There have also
been a bunch of small earthquakes lately but nothing bad at all, just
the fun kind.

As far as news for this week, 楊弟兄 passed his baptismal interview! Yay!
That means this week he will be baptized. It has been a little
stressful helping him make this choice but I know he is ready. He has
had a lot of progress, and it is really cool because this guy is super
happy and has a great testimony and I am proud of him. He doesn't have
any problems. He kind of feels like an older brother. There is this
super weird situation with him and this person and I really don't want
to explain it but it is unlike any other situation I have seen so
hopefully there will be no problems this week and it will all go
smoothly. I always get so nervous the last week before a baptism,
scared that satan will do something dumb.

I had a cool experience this week. Went on an exchange sort of last
minute, and ended up leaving my area for the exchange instead of
staying which was the plan. Then at one point in the day our plans had
to change and Elder Chen who I was with said he had a feeling to go
visit a less active lady, Xu, who they have been working with, because
they haven't visited for a long time. So we went and she was nice but
she kept looking at me funny, and finally she just said I reminded her
a lot of the elder who had baptized her about 10 years ago. She
started talking about him and how great he was, and she got a recent
Christmas picture he had sent of his family to show us and I knew I
recognized him from somewhere but couldn't remember why. Then she said
he was from Boston and I asked what his name was so she got a letter
and it was from Sam Baird! So I don't really remember him but I do
know I know who he is and I figure you guys know him. This lady was
super moved, she talked about how much she loved this elder and how
bad she felt for being inactive and she felt like me being there
really reminded her that this is what God wants for her and she should
go to church. So once again I helped someone by sitting there, I guess
the Lord knows I am not the most talented missionary in the world so
He is sticking me in the right place and time where I can help people
by reminding them of past missionaries.

Still seeing miracles and finding cool people to teach. I am glad to
be on a mission, it is the best. Elder Cordon Espinoza is healthy. We
are good.

Okay I love you!

Elder Braithwaite



No comments:

Post a Comment