Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hello

Things were rough this week but still happy. I don't have much time to write at all. We spent all week in meetings which I dislike but I have faith that it has its purpose, just too many trains back and forth from Taipei. Made it hard to help our area which is what I really want to work on. I love my companion though. He is not a normal person in most ways.

However, we still saw some cool stuff happen, like this husband and wife just wandering into church on Sunday and asking if they could attend the sacracment meeting with us. I said no. Just kidding that would be dumb. I said yes. Another cool story, I think I already wrote to you about this, the man who I started teaching in Neihu over a year ago, who had a million challenges to overcome before being able to be baptized. Well he made it, and was baptized on Saturday and since I was already in Taipei for stuff I got to attend. Meetings do have some benefits. Just a big reflective moment for me. I could have never guessed that this man would actually make it someday, when we first started it seemed impossible, but that is a very incorrect attitude to have. Seeing how much he has changed, humbled himself, given his life to God and found faith and become happier. The changes seemed more dramatic because I haven't seen him for a year. So there is a point for team Jesus, about a dozen elders worked with him, just glad as always to be a step in the process. And a testimony that you really never really see the end from the beginning or know what part you are playing in God's plan, just kind of do what is good and hope that you didn't mess up what God wanted you to do and it will all turn out pretty in the end, at least from the perspective of the person who sees the whole picture.

I am trying my best and so that is all I got. Our area is still struggling pretty bad, but it has definitely improved since coming a few weeks ago. The zone overall is also struggling. And yet, I feel like the thing I have learned on my mission is how to not really be negatively effected by dissapointment or stress, what a great skill. That is what is so great about this job is that I always feel happy. Yay!

Thanks for all the pictures! I am glad Christmas was great. I love you all so much.

Elder Braithwaite

No comments:

Post a Comment