Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hello
 
It is hard to believe I have less than 3 weeks. They are going to be really busy. I am sad. But things are going pretty well, I feel very happy about everything. This last transfer has probably been the one where I have felt the most genuinely and consistantly happy.
 
Life is great, we are working really well. Companion has been struggling for a few weeks, kind of getting worse, and then we finally had a serious discussion and now he is not struggling so much. Communication is important.
 
Met with 吳中who I love. He was that goat milk salesman that I contacted on his scooter and then he set up and has just been the most spiritual little investigator. He told us how he heard someone talk about tithing in church and really wants to pay it. And then on Sunday he started crying when we sang "I Stand All Amazed" during sacrament meeting, and he didn't stop for a while. Cool when big men cry.
 
Last week we planned to go leave a note in the mailbox of a less active we didn't know, but when it came to that time of day we only had about 10 minutes, and it would have been easy to go to our next thing. But we still went and dropped the note off and then rode really fast to still make it to the train station on time. A few days later, that less active came to church and told the missionaries he saw (not us) that the note was really important to him, that he really wants to come back and also wants his son to be baptized. It was a really cool experience for me to see the importance of following little promptings and doing little things.  That note was an answer to someone's prayers.
 
I got to go on exchanges with son #1, Elder Davidson, this week, and it was great. He teaches me so much about love and other stuff. Coming home we got on the wrong train, but that is okay because God had a plan. When we got on, this group of teenage girls started giggling because two white guys were standing close to them and so, to make fun of them, I turned to the more mature woman standing next to me and said loudly "They must not see many white guys". The junior high kids were all shocked we spoke chinese, and this woman started laughing, and then ended up being really cool. We had a great discussion about the Savior and we gave her a Book of Mormon. She wants the sister missionaries to come visit her family. Wrong train=prepared people.
 
I don't really have too much to say. Many other similar stories. Many reflections about my expeience as a missionary. I love being here and am excited to keep doing it for a little while. Today I will be hanging out with some of my friends and converts from previous areas. I have been so blessed to serve here.
 
I love you all! Included the picture of brother 王's baptism from last week.

 
Elder Braithwaite
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment